How do feel about praticing doctors taking care of you?

Ok I went to my doctors for the first time. I had gotten a yearly done and exam. Instead of my regular doctor coming in i was seen my a praticing doctor and of course my doctor came in after to talk with me and to do the exam again not the yearly. Ok next time i went to the doctors i was again seen by a different practicing doctor. It kinda gets annoying. I know that they are there to learn but seeing so many doctors at one time. Whats your opinion?

rossfamiily

Asked by rossfamiily at 12:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• I don't mind as long as my regular doctor is there too. It's like a second opinion for free.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• ALL doctors are practicing. They don't call it 'practicing medicine' for nothing.

I assume you meant a resident. I don't mind. When I gave birth to my first baby, they asked if a group of med students could watch. I had no issues with it.
    Anonymous

• If you are not okay with it, tell them. You might have to change Drs. if yours is a learning office associated with a university. I find that the care is usually better and more thorough in a learning setting.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm guessing you mean another doctor in the practice? I will see the PA in my primary doctor's office, but, I only want my son (who sees the same doctor I do) to see her. At my gyn.'s office, I only see him for my annuals. When I was pregnant, I saw them all.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• At our doctors office, they ask if you are ok with it. We had an intern in the room while we had our nst done with our son. They asked if we were ok with it, and we said yes. We were asked again when I went into labor and we were fine as long as she was just watching....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• What do you mean by "praticing doctor"??? Med. Student? Resident? Another doctor in "the Practice"??

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I've never heard of practicing doctors,but I'm assuming they are residents of some kind. My doctor is in practice with his identical twin brother, and it's just the 2 of them, so I always see the same one, since his brother is on the other side of their office--at least I hope it's the same one each time,kinda hard to tell with them being identical. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 12:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I really don't mind it but when i was getting my yearly done the Learning doctor, nurse, and my doctor was all in the room. I felt weird because so many people were standing over me. The second time i went in was because my heart was pausing for a sec and causing me to breath deeply. Anyways i felt it by my pulse in my neck that it wasn't right but when the Learning doctor was listening to it thru the stethascope it paused again and he didnt hear it But when my doctor finally came in he heard it.
    rossfamiily

Comment by rossfamiily (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Are you talking about a resident?

I don't mind, they have to learn.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 1:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I dont mind them for a infection or something small and routine, but for my yearly??? No way! I would make it clear when I make the next appt if I am ok with the PA or the Doctor.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 1:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2011