Does everyone have blood in their plug or is it possible to get the mucus with no blood?

Cortney101786

Asked by Cortney101786 at 12:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Typically it has brown tinge to it. Then you have your bloody show.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i have had some mucus (I am 37 weeks) but there is no blood
    Cortney101786

Comment by Cortney101786 (original poster) at 12:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Your plug really has nothing t do with the onset of labor since it can replenish. If it came out a clearish mucus, it might have been part of your plug... Not really sure. Your doctor should tell you at your next appointment if you have lost your plug.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You can have one without the other.
    :-)

Mucous can comes for weeks/months prior to labor, a little spotting comes here and there. Didn't you just get your cervix checked? That would do it.
    IME (seeing others & my own), bloody show is pretty bloody, not like spotting.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I dont know why almost every one says that your mucus plug has blood in it. Your mucus plug can be thick white discharge, clear, or yellowish. It can also contain a little blood tint to it, key word being CAN. When I lost my plug with my daughter it came out in pieces over 2 weeks and never once did I see any blood in it, no red, pink or brown. So no your plug does not have to blood in it.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Mine didn't have any, it was bright yellow. Either is normal (blood or no blood). It can be red, brown, green, yellow, white, clear... All of these are normal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011