What weeks starts my 8th month of pregnancy? Is it week 32?

Im not sure when i enter my eight month. It has been 4 years since my last child. Is it week 32? Right now i am at week 31 as of today, dec. 15th 08.

Brittaney232

Asked by Brittaney232 at 2:12 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• 32 or 33, I forget exactly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• 8(month)X4(weeks in a month)=???

the answer is 32, so yes its week 32.

:) holy moly i just realized i have less than one week before i am in my 8th month :(
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'd say you are in your 8th month when you begin the 31st week. The last two weeks of pregnancy makes the "9th" month actually last 6 weeks and the 2 weeks at the beginning of pregnancy before you have conceived (between your last menstrual period and ovulation) makes the first trimester last 14 weeks, so it's not an even dividing up of time. If we just divided 40 weeks by 4, we'd be pregnant 10 months! In reality you are 2 weeks not-yet-conceived followed by 12 weeks pregnant in the first trimester, approx. 15-26 weeks in the 2nd, and 27-40 in the third. Isn't that just as clear as mud? :-)
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 2:30 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• actually doctors calculate by lunar months. instead of calender months because calender months are inconsistent. they can be 30 days 31 days 28 or 29 days....

lunar months are 4 weeks, of 7 days.
    OR
    every 28 days=1 Month of pregnancy.

so you would multiply 8 by 4 and your answer is 32, which is how many weeks you are pregnant.

you are pregnant longer than 9 months its more like 10 ... nice right? lol
    i hope that makes it easier to understand, i know i was confused as HELL at first :)
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:35 AM on Dec. 16, 2008