I weight 111 n know am 153!!am 39weeks every week i go to my app i weight 3more pounds!! that okay??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• How tall are you? You were VERY thin before getting pregnant so depending on your height it may be very healthy for you to gain that much.

I am 5'6 and I weighed 115 when I got pregnant with my first and went all the way up to 165. There was never once any concern for the amount of weight I put on for my pregnancy.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 2:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• generally you should gain 25-35 lbs for pregnancy. anything over is just excess that wasn't needed and will just make it harder on you to lose the weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• That's 42 lbs so far..Not TOO bad seeing how you were thin before.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I think your sapossed to be gaining like 1 pound a week, but i've been gaining like 3 pounds a week too. Everyone is differant so you should talk with your DR. about how much you should be gaining.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 2:21 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Do you mean

you weighed 111 lbs before you were pregnant and now you weight 153. and every week you go back you weigh 3 more lbs and you are asking if that is okay?

well it depends. the doctor can ease your mind better than we can, because he personally knows your body type, your health and history and current situations, we do not...

if your doctor hasnt said anything, it is probably fine.
    you can always ask just to make sure though.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Actually if you are thinner you are suppose to gain more weight...more like 35-40 or something like that because with your body being so thin it needs the extra weight.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• and even if you gained more than the typical 25-35 lbs they say is "normal" depending on your body and how your body metabolizes and your diet and exercise, that is what decides how easy it is or ISNT to lose the extra weight.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:23 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• The more you weigh the less your suppose to gain. The less you weight the more your suppose to gain. That's actually not bad given her pre pregnancy weight was barely over 100 lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you began pregnancy at a normal weight, you should gain 25–35 pounds over the nine months. Adding about 300 extra calories a day to your diet will help you reach this goal. (One extra healthy snack, such as four fig bars and a glass of skim milk, will provide these calories.) Most women gain four to six pounds in the first trimester, and then average a pound a week in the second and third trimesters.
    If you began pregnancy underweight, you should probably gain a little more. That's because underweight women are more likely to have small babies. A 28- to 40-pound gain is usually recommended. Try to gain slightly over a pound a week in the second and third trimesters.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• If you began pregnancy overweight, you should gain only 15–25 pounds. This means you should put on one pound every two weeks in the second and third trimesters. While you don't want to gain too much weight, you should never try to lose weight during pregnancy because that could harm your baby.
    Anonymous