Do you think Adam and Eve will enter God's kingdom since they disobeyed Him. It's not like us, we were born imperfect. they were perfect and yet still sinned.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Couldn't they offer animal sacrifices for their sins?
    Anonymous

• Personally, I don't believe in any of those things, so my answer would be no. But I was always taught that because they "sinned against God" they could not. They had their shot and blew it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Adam and Eve had no concept of right and wrong. They may have felt something but they had no understanding of consequences and surely they did not see the consequence until so much later they would never have understood it. Now that is a big IF they even existed
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• G-d knew that they were going to sin and falter and guess what, He STILL loves them so yes, they are with Him.
    Anonymous

• well if they were perfect how did they sin? perfect beings dont/cant sin...angels arent even perfect.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think that the narrative is something that isn't literal - that they didn't actually exist, but that their story is meant to introduce us into the Divine context and explain certain things and concepts, not necessarily exist as an actual account of people who really lived or events that really happened. The point of a lot of the Bible, IMO, is to reveal transcendent truths that aren't bound to literal people or events.

That being said, I believe *all* people return to God - I don't believe in hell.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't think they were made perfectly - they were given free will just like the rest of us.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 2:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• If I thought the story was 100% fact then Id say they did exactly what God wanted them to do..."sinned".

Always figured he didnt want two folks to hang out in a beautiful garden all alone for eternity. What good would that do his plan for Christ to come save us all from our imperfections???
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• They werent perfect, Only God is perfect... and it was a part of His plan that they "sin".. without that the plan of salvation would not be.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 4:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You'd have to look at the Adamic or Creation covenant.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 4:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2011