Quote

I was going through quotes for the 4th of July, and I came across this one, which made me think of our religious sections, lol

"What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom "to" and freedom "from." ~Marilyn vos Savant, in Parade

Made me think of this section because we often debate the whole freedom of/from religion ;)

Is everyone having a good Fourth of July? :)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• based on no one answering questions in CM I think they are.... im at work
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• having a great day..its typical monday for me and ds. dh's pharm is closed today, but of course, he's found work to do anyway. he'll be home later to grill steaks (us) and a burger for ds, then we'll hit one of the city's fireworks shows later.

happy 4th, bandgeek!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Happy 4th ladies!! Be safe and have fun.

I like that quote...thx for sharing it!

We are having a laid back day per usual. I have a spice cake in the oven so the house smells nummy, making hot dogs and my traditional Purple Salad for dinner. Twilight Zone marathon on SyFy so my hubby is in heaven LOL.

All in all a decent day!

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Haha, I'm just hoping that this rain and the thunder stops soon - we were planning on going to the park around 5 because they do fireworks, but if it doesn't stop raining we probably won't get to go.

If it's raining, though, I might just ask DH if he wants to get some dinner or something :)

Glad everyone's having a good day!
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 3:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• We got rain and thunder/lightning last night bandgeek and it looks like more t-storms tonight as well. Will be interesting to see if they fireworks over the casinos go as planned LOL.

Hope you get your park and fireworks this evening.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• haha, well we decided to grab the stuff to make dinner and came home. they're supposed to set off fireworks right down the road, unless they cancel, and we got the boy some sparklers, so he'll have a good night regardless - and he saw fireworks last night at a churchmember's house, so at least if they cancel he got to see some this year.

But I hope everyone has a great night! :)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 7:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• we're home staying away from the tourists!we're having a great 4th!
    elzingah36

Answer by elzingah36 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• had a fantastic weekend...thanks for asking! Happy 4th everybody! Let freedom ring!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 11:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2011