Did you ever ask your man to run for food in the middle of the night?

My SIL had my husband run and get her McDonalds at midnight for 3-4 days a week and he had to drive 30 mins just to get there. He was 17 and she was 19. She lived at home. He worked nights when she was preg with #2 so he didn't do it for her second. Each of her 4 kids belong to different men and none of the fathers would do it for her.
He thought I'd do it too and I told him I'd never. I never have. To me it's disrespectful. It's something that people show on tv as common pregnancy behavior.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I've asked my husband to go get me food in the middle of night before and he does it because he wants to. If he didnt he'd say so and I'd so ok thats fine. But when he wants something and doesnt feel like going to the store I go for him. So its kinda of even. But I've never woken him up to go get me food. I dont think its disrespectful if it goes both ways. The whole point of being with someone as in married or serious relationship is to take care of eachother. It should never be one sided.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• All the time, I don't know if it was always in the middle of the night...but it was often and I had to have what I was craving. He's awesome though, he didn't frown on it...he was eating right along with me at times lol. ;)
    geminisummerz

Answer by geminisummerz at 3:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No, but I've considered it lol.
    BananaMuffins

Answer by BananaMuffins at 2:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am not sure I asked my husband to get me food in the middle of the night when I was pregnant, but I am sure he got sick of picking me up Thai red curry and falafel sandwiches at dinner time! Why is it disrespectful?
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 2:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I tried once but he only went as far as the kitchen lol.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 2:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I guess I see it as disrespectful because of the way my SIL did it. Complete disregard for what anyone else had to do. When she was pregnant she was QUEEN and everyone had to fall at her feet and do as SHE said. No offense to anyone. I'm thinking of her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i did.. i wanted a homemade lemonade and strawberries.. it was our first child so he drove 35 mins to the local walmart which was 24 hrs, and got me the stuff...lol.... then he got up in the middle of the night cause i wanted a pb&j sandwich..lol... but he spoiled me....
    corkyj0709

Answer by corkyj0709 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I asked him to drive me to Wendys once at 1 am. But, he was up playing video games, and Wendys is maybe a 2 min drive from our house, and I went along for the ride and he got food as well :)!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had my husband come to my work in the middle of the night to bring me ice. I wasn't allowed to leave work and there wasn't an ice maker there plus I wanted McDonald's ice. Shoot I still send him out in the middle of night for stuff. He doesn't care and would rather do it anyway. The nights he doesn't want to I will do it. It doesn't happen often but it does happen (going out in the middle of the night for something).
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• well there was a few times that i would ask if he didnt mind going to get something from town{we were like 5 mins from the store} and normally i was told no if it was really late{or i just wouldnt ask} but then there were a few times hed ask i come too so thatd seemed like a fair trade, and then if he didnt go the night before to get whatever it may have been hed bring something home the next day after work and that to me is really sweet:) and i know to others its kinda weird to think aw you brought me a can of pineapples{ instead of a box of chocolate like you see on tv} but its soooo much better lol :)
    bamamommy2009

Answer by bamamommy2009 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011