I HATE when people come into a restaurant on a Holiday

and say "I feel so bad for you having to work on a holiday" Well if you didn't come into the restaurant I wouldn't be here!!!! If you felt bad for someone having to work a holiday wouldn't you not create business on that day so they can leave early and be with their families! Sorry I'm at work bartending, not liking it one bit, and someone just said that to me.

onemellowmom

Asked by onemellowmom at 3:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• That's why I refuse to go to any kind of business on holidays!!!! You would think they would use their brains before saying such a contradictive statement, but you know it's more like "thank god it's not ME working" as opposed to truly feeling sorry for you. Bleh. Chin up!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Be mad at your boss for making you work, but be glad to have a job and a paycheck. People are allowed to come into restaurants on holidays. I'd love to not have to cook on holidays. I know work sucks but it's not the customer's fault
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• toddler tantrum

Wahhh... You have a job. So many people are out of work right now, you really shouldn't be complaing. I have worked many holidays in my life, so I have been there. But come on. You can go out and party anytime. Be thankful that you even have a job.

Anonymous

• It's too bad that you are work and don't want to be. Personally, I would opt to work on the holidays when the alternative is spending hours on end listening to my MIL cut me down. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Thats why i go to chinese resturants on holidays lol. they dont celebrate when we do.. ... if i were to go out to eat to another place that wasnt chinese or mexican i would prob leave a bigger tip
    Anonymous

• Don't hate the players, hate the game.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I used to work at a candy store, and people used to say that to me on Valentines Day. I guess I just accepted it and did my work, because I was getting paid like $9.50 an hour, plus the tips and in 2000.
    SeasideNative

Answer by SeasideNative at 3:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• no, I go out to eat on holidays. I do feel bad u guys have to work but I still want a steak medium well and I leave a bigger tip on holidays.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• When I was a waitress, I LOVED it! I always got such great tips on holidays!!! And...I got paid time and a half :) Woo Hoo!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Wow I would LOVE to be working today...

People d feel bad that you have to work but at the same time them not going isn't going to change anything. You would still be there. And Bar tending? Hell I would play it up like you are missing something good just to serve them and get sympathy tips to make up for it!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011