Antibacterial while pregnant ..

I have a bacterial infection so my doctor prescribed some antibacterial, I was wonder are there any risk with taking these pills? Can it harm the baby in anyway possible? (18 weeks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• All medications have risks however an infection poses a greater risk to your unborn baby and your Dr should know which one to choose that will pose a lesser risk than what they are treating.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 3:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Your doctor would not have prescribed it had it been harmful for the baby. Far better to take the medication and knock out the infection than keep the infection and have it possibly get worse and create worse issues.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am guessing you mean antibiotics and they are fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i was on antibiotics for a couple weeks for a uti and now taking them again for a sinus infection, they told me the antibiotics are way better than the infection which can cause things to be wrong with the baby
    nicole_1996

Answer by nicole_1996 at 12:51 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I had an infected tooth at 35 weeks and was prescribed amoxicillin. The doctor said it was safe for the baby.....you don't want to leave an infection untreated!
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 12:01 PM on Jul. 5, 2011