Bad boss...

Dh did not get it off and he works nights. He could not ask if off because when he asks he either gets split weekends or a 3 day weekend, which we can't afford. Along with the splits he will get a stretch, so with this in mind he did not ask. This is our son's first 4th of July.

I am a sahm and don't know too many people in town to the point where I can hang on the 4th. I am also new here.
He did not get it off(but then again he did not ask AND I don't blame him)

Btw dh has rarely asked for a day off. He doesn't even ask for holidays off. He takes what he can get buuuuut when he asked for our son's b-day off he did not get it off. Actually someone who is in charge gave it to him but his a**hole boss put him right back on schedule. It was our son's first b-day

Is my husband the only one who has a boss like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• I asked for my son's first birthday off, which was on a friday. It was approved, but was written and verbally told to me that if the state walked in that week and they were there on that day than I would have to come in. I told my boss I didn't mind putting in the extra hours Mon-Thurs, but that friday was really important because it was his first birthday. She said to me "well, you know, i've missed important events from time to time because of work". She doesn't have any kids so she has no idea how important it really is to me. I shouldn't bitch about it because I did get that day off, but it still irked me lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would still be complaining. That was pretty rude. I am glad you got it off though:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yeah, she's got a knack for comparing her life to others. I'm sorry but my paycheck is a fraction of what yours is. And on snow days when she insists we make it in, that's fine but I live over an hour away and don't have my boyfriend who will drive me in, so i'll get there when i get there!! Like i said, im glad I got the day off, but I can't fully shake my annoyance of her statement!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 3:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Not currently but I know the type -- I just think.. Okay you will get yours dont worry.
    MommaB30

Answer by MommaB30 at 3:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My husbands former boss would not let him have time off for the birth of our son or my doctors appointments right after that when I found out I had cancer. He couldn't afford to quit the job at that time because we had just had our second baby and I had cancer. When I called the human resources dept he was fired. Thank God he found a job that was a whole lot better 3 months after that. That boss also tried to keep him from getting unemployment after he was fired. After showing proof that we just had a baby and I had just found out I had cancer he was able to get it.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 4:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• How is your husband's job search going? What are you doing to meet you neighbors?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I once had a boss who told me and a friend of mine that we couldn't have the same week off for vacation. This was somehow company policy that had never been brought up. My friend and I were both upset and couldn't understand why since we did not do the same work. Anyhow my friend had money paid on her vacation and I had to reschedule mine. Bosses can be nasty.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Oh yes i know the feeling, sad that people have to put up with so much to keep a job.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 5:55 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I am meeting neighbors so that part is fine. I am just a little shy sometimes lol. Dh is having beer wth one of them soon and that sounds good:)
    We do talk whenever we get a chance.
    He does not want to change jobs because we get insurance ---good insurance. We are doing well financially too.
    *I shy but I talk to people. It's the whole lets go somewhere shy .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:27 PM on Jul. 5, 2011