anyone else have the mirena iud??

how do you like yours i have one and love no periods. but can't seem to lose any baby weight

humboldtmama21

Asked by humboldtmama21 at 3:52 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Health

• I am in similar situation... haven't really lost the baby weight.. but again I haven't had the time to really try.. (bad me).. But I LOVE the mirena.. it's great.. i had so much trouble with the mini pill.. and my doc recommended mirena.. and i just love it.. I talk about it all the time to other women..especially those who are looking for a good birth control..
    Lovingmomma2

Answer by Lovingmomma2 at 4:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have had it for over 1yr and am not happy with it, I spot atleast 2weeks out of the month and have to worst cramps at times. weight has not been a prob though, make sure you are drinking alot of water
    determind

Answer by determind at 8:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I ave it as well. I am at a steady weight that I am fighting to lose. I have tried all types of dieting. I don't see how the two can be related though. Like Determind I continue to spot. However, mine is not as frequent and I think mine is more stress related. Either way, I love the get it and forget it.
    Mary_CoreysMom

Answer by Mary_CoreysMom at 8:54 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have the Mirena IUD as well and I also love it. I am still having a hard time losing weight but at least I am starting to lose it. On other birth controls all I did was gain and so far so good on the Mirena. My doctor told me I may have to go on a strict diet for a month or so to kick start my weight loss again. Hope this helps you. How long did you have your IUD before your periods stopped? Just curious because I am also looking forward to no periods.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I just got the mirena almost 4 weeks ago, because I was looking for something that would makes my periods less painful and my moods even out...they put it in while I was having my period, which lasted another 10 days with cramping, then I had 3 or 4 days of nothing, to light spotting, but am now bleeding again..I also bleed after having sex and bled after workingout...I find myself very frustrated and have read horror stories, and am now a little terrified. I was told I could spot for up to 3 months, and I was fine with "just spotting" but not bleeding enough to have to change my liner 4 times a day...I am really really hoping this will get better. Please tell me how your first few months went. I am already considering having it removed...
    Chick313

Answer by Chick313 at 3:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2009