Major events in our country and around the world tend to have economic advantages for some segments of society and disadvantages for others. Determining who benefits can be tough for negative events, but it's especially important in order to prevent the unscrupulous from recapitalizing on them. Consider the following events and trends, and determine possible winners and losers from an economic standpoint:

a. The Hurricane Katrina
b. The influx of illegal immigrants in the U.S.
c. The 30% U.S. high school dropout rate
d. The aging population in the U.S., Europe, and China
e. The rising price of oil worldwide

bleake

Asked by bleake at 3:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm sorry, I don't understand that question.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I totally understand the question, but I'm not doing somebody else's homework assignment. Sorry, do your own homework. If you are having trouble with the question, ask for help from one of your classmates or from your teacher/professor. They would be able to give you more pertinent help anyway since they are in the class with you.
    Anonymous

• Well I can't give you an answer for each of those but I can say no one was a winner during Hurricane Katrina. Illegal immigration benefits the democrats by creating lifelong voters in the anchor babies who become citizens.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• lol anon. they all lose in a major way
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 6:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011