I have a child who is the pickiest eater in the universe! neighbor just brought over fresh picked strawberries, they are wonderful!!, how can i trick her into at least trying just one??

right now
i have tryed, having her feed them to me
ok, so she had to touch them- good start
but a no go
then i rubbed one on my lips - "LOOK, i have lipstick on!"
yeah, she did not fall for it
but i was able to put some strawberry lipstick on her- then she took napkin and rubbed it off

any tricks to get her to try one

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 3:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my daughter was the same, so i put a dab of sugar on it. she started licking the sugar then realized the strawberry was good too
    ajs16919

Answer by ajs16919 at 3:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have a picky eater too. I try to have her help me prepare something with whatever it is I am trying to intorduce to her and I find that by having her take part in the preparation, she will try things more often because she helped make it. I make a point to tell Dad that look what the kid made. Isn't it really good? So she feels good about making it and dad loves it too. Next thing you know, she is trying it. She now eats salads and believe me it took a year. I now know what veggies she likes in her salad and its working fine. Give it a shot.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Try makeing smooth, mixing it with milk in a blender!
    bleake

Answer by bleake at 3:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Let her dip it in sugar.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Money talks lol. I got my kid to try fish and shrimp with money.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LET HER PLAY WITH THEM AT THE TABLE THEY ARE BOUND TO END UP IN HER MOUTH
    wmbeener

Answer by wmbeener at 4:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• lol, I hated strawberries as a kid. the seeds bugged me. I love them now!

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I make my son try at least one bite. He doesn't complain if he knows it's only one bite. He is still picky. It's embarrassing sometimes when we go to someone's house and he says I don't like anything.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 4:20 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I usually got my kids to at least try one bite of something I'd say, "You can't say you don't like something if you haven't even tasted it." I pretty soon got to know what they did or did not like. BUT, I never really had a picky eater, so I didn't have as much of a problem as you either. But, try to have her try at least one bite before she complains.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 4:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• put in smoothie or put a strawberry in the bottom of her milk, make milkshakes with them, Dice and make cookies which I have done and they are great, Or I have diced and done with pancakes and then add cool whip, also just keep trying and one day she might surprise you.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 6:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011