So, I know what the obvious answer to this is, but I guess I'm getting some reassurance?

How can someone do something to you that has you almost sure the marriage is over, and they are aware of it, then they come crying on your shoulder about how sorry they are, and how they want to stay with you, then an hour later after crying and apologizing they do the same exact thing?

Its obvious that person does not care right? And you would have to be stupid to stay....correct???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• They could just have a serious problem, and need help. It's worth checking into.
    cypressandsage

Answer by cypressandsage at 3:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Basically correct. Although, I think they may care. But they have some serious issues and they just can't figure it out and get it together. But yea, staying is a terrible idea. .... Good luck.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 3:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ask why they keep doing whatever it is they keep doing. Tell them its not acceptable to you and they need to make a decision. Next time, that is it.
    BrendaW.

Answer by BrendaW. at 3:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Or they're a pathetic dirty liar. I have a friend who's husband cheated on her while she was pregnant, gave her chlamydia, and then tried to blame it on her. Some guys are just d-bags. P.s. after that little bout he STILL cheated on her at least 3 other times that we know of.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 3:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• That person is incapable of caring and is probably only crying for themselves about what they've lost or might lose and has zero impulse control.
    Anonymous

• Well that depends on what he did. If he cheated then yes. If he failed to notice your haircut then no.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Well sometimes people have serious issues. Maybe that person really is sorry, but just needs help ? No excuses, I mean. Whatever they did, they know its wrong, but sometimes even when you know something is wrong - you can't help yourself. I say get to the bottom of it and see what the real issue is. If you stay that's up to you. You aren't stupid for staying. I think this depends on what the issue is and what the person is doing. Good Luck to ya, Hun.
    loudnproud87

Answer by loudnproud87 at 3:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You are correct.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think it's a big sign of immaturity. It's wanting your cake and eating it too.  If someone is sorry and wants to make their marriage work, they need to stop what they're doing.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 3:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's called manipulation. This person really only cares about THEIR comforts. They will say and do anything to get their way, and make you think they're constantly the victim, whether they are or not. If you are in a relationship with someone like this, it is not healthy and I STRONGLY suggest you walk away.

My first husband was a possessive/abusive manipulator. If I did not do/think/act/say/react the way HE thought I should do/think/act/say/react HE got pissed and it was all my fault. He was also uber jealous and a general jerk.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 4:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2011