Anyone who smokes inside their house or car with kids is guilty of child abuse. Agree or Disagree

HollyBoBolly

Asked by HollyBoBolly at 4:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Agree. Kill yourself all you'd like, but kindly leave your children out of it. Kids don't need to pay the price for their parent's unhealthy choices. Just go outside to smoke or pull the car over for five minutes. Your child's health is worth the effort.
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 4:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Disagree, It is irresponsible but not abuse.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 4:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Disagree. We have to keep some perspective. Not everything that is wrong is abuse. IMHO, qualifying everything we don't agree with as "abuse" demeans the damage and implications of TRUE abuse.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I agree that it's a form of neglect because they aren't being responsible and because of that, their child suffers.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Disagree. It's just really poor judgement or ignorance of what harmful effects second hand smoke can have.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Agree
    MizzMejia

Answer by MizzMejia at 4:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Agree! If its harmful for you don't you think its useful to them as well. It doesn't matter if the cigarette is to their lips or not. Second hand smoke kills too. Its so not worth it!
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 5:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I agree it is abuse a child does not have the ability to defend its health at that age...
    Ber38

Answer by Ber38 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• As a smoker, I agree. I don't smoke around my daughter nor smoke inside our house. I go out on my balcony to smoke because I don't want my DD to suffer because of my habit. I even considering quitting when New Years hit.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Disagree.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 4:22 PM on Jul. 4, 2011