How do some people sleep at night??

Like jose baez, he is defending a girl that killed her daughter and threw her away like trash, all the time partying and living the single life! Grrrrrrrr! How can her attorney defend such a th terrible person?? There is not enough money in the WORLD, yeah, i know, somebody has to defend her, right?

JaniceMc27

Asked by JaniceMc27 at 4:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The only way I can reconcile that is to believe that defense attorneys have to believe the story they are painting for the jury. Everybody seems to hate attorneys, until they need one. To be able to do an effective job for their client I think they would have to believe what they are expecting the jury to believe. I don't envy anyone having to do with this case (Casey Anthony).  Baez has told the story that Casey gave him and he has to know that her story defies logic. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It simply goes down to the "someone has to defend them". This is why public defenders are paid crap.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I have a theory that attorneys are money hungry people that have no souls lol.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 4:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Well, we have two choices. Choice 1- everybody gets an attorney and a fair trail whether they are guilty or innocent or Choice 2- We can be thrown in prison or killed whether we are innocent or guilty. Which one is your choice?

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• A criminal defense attorney spoke in my husband's class, and said while he often doesn't agree with the cases he has to defend, he believes his job is a critical part of making sure all Americans get the defense rights promised in our constitution...that it's part of the whole picture of American freedom.

I personally couldn't do it, but I get what he's saying.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 8:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Someone has to do it and not everyone accused of a heinous crime is actually guilty of that crime and they need help (not saying that this is the case in your example).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My sister and I were talking about what a snake he was last night. Someone somewhere would have been willing to "take her at her word" whether they believed her or not as long as enough money was involved...and Baez was her man!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I've always wondered that too. How can the people who defended OJ Simpson live with themselves? And, then Robert Kardashian's daughters go and become famous on the fact their dad was one of OJ's defense attorneys! Yeah,THERE'S something I really want to be famous for! NOT! I guess some people have no conscious,and can defend cold blooded murderers, and the rest of us are just left shaking our heads.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I always wondered the same thing. But, someone has to do it. I would never be able to do it. If I were going to be an attorney, I'd have to be a prosecutor. And, as meooma said, she's entitled.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's really horrible situation and so many peoplen has been hurt by this girls actions, that poooor baby Caylee... my heart just hurts because of this.
    JaniceMc27

Comment by JaniceMc27 (original poster) at 4:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011