The the smell of leather?

How can I get the smell of leather off my new leather blazer? I hate it! and when I put it in the closet it stinks up the whole closet! I know it seems like a dumb question but I'm thinking there are some others that don't like the smell of leather either and may have some ideas or tips ?
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:10 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• Why do you buy a leather blazer when you absolutely cant stand the smell of it?!

i dont know of anything to get rid of the smell. its leather. its suppose the "smell" like it. real leather is really expensive. dont buy it if you cant stand it. hehe ;)

but maybe someone else has an idea how to get the smell out of it. never thought about it
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:19 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I love the smell of leather. But, if you don't, maybe take it to the cleaners and ask them to treat it so it doesn't smell.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 7:20 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• you could always keep it in a smoker's car for a while...sorry.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:22 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Sorry. I don't think anything will take that smell away. I hate it too!
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 1:07 AM on Dec. 17, 2008

• I love aigner purses,etc,but hate the smell too,but I just tolerate it.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 10:23 PM on Dec. 18, 2008