No period since August...

My daughter was born by emergency c-section in May. Normal bleeding afterward for abot 3 weeks, total -- off & on. I had a normal period in Aug., that lasted 3-4 days like always, and well, since then - NOTHING! I know I am not pregnant. I have taken 2 tests, plus my husband has his "surgery" when our daughter was 4 weeks old. Anyone have any ideas what could be wrong? I am not breast feeding and have not gained any extra weight...my Dr sd to just give it time...But to be honest, I am a little concerned......

littleesmomma

Asked by littleesmomma at 5:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Health

• only be concerned if you ARE bleeding,,,,,,,,,,,That is when there could be an issue ,,,Also, your hormone leves are probably still off and it could be stress,,lack of sleep,,ect...good luck!!!
    cameron536

Answer by cameron536 at 6:31 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• why dont you go back to your doctor and tell him/her that this is worrying you and maybe they will be able to explaine in more detail what could be going on with you .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 6:38 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• after my c-section i had my period for 5months straigt.. sometimes i was bleeding a little less then i was bleeding more... i got light headed/dizzy all the time because i was bleeding so much sometimes. But in my case it was a problem with the mini pill i had. had to get a different pill and then it got better. you should def. talk to your OB and get checked.

btw. breast feeding has nothing to do with your period, much less your weight.

your ob should do an ultrasound to make sure your uterus is ok.

i wish you good luck!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:25 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• (Breastfeeding effects your hormones which can effect your period....and it uses a lot of calories, which can effect your weight!)
    To answer the original posters question, I would say that since you are concerned you should talk to your doctor again.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:24 AM on Dec. 16, 2008