I wanted a girl so badly...confused

I am 25 weeks pregnant with my 4th child and I have 3 boys so far 8,6,and 4 I was hoping to have a girl this time because it was the first planned baby and I have waited so long in between there will be almost a 5 year gap betweeen the youngest and I didnt think I could have kids because it took me so long to concive again. but when I found out I was pregnant this the pregnancy has been so different from all the rest everyone was convinced I was having a girl I have had 2 u/s and boy and both say for sure boy I cried after the first one I am so tired of seeing all the mommies with their baby girls and I have all boys I have finally excepted the fact that I am having a nother boy I decorated the nursery and have been buying clothes etc. but I am having dreams that when I go to have my baby and I have a girl and then I feel confused. so what do you think this means just me hopeful thinking or something else???????

THAT_GURL

Asked by THAT_GURL at 4:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Ultrasounds have known to be wrong. But think, you already know what is in store with you with boys.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I say count your blessings! All 4 of them!  I'm really sorry you can't just be happy for a healthy baby. I really am.

Anonymous

• Well thats true...ultrasounds have been wrong in the past..But with haveing a boy you no what your in for...Its Fustrating Wanting a certain sex and feeling devo about it when it doesnt happen i wanted a boy first up like had my heart set on it and was convinced it was a boy & nope it was a girl... but i have my boy now too so i couldnt ask for it any other way....
    Nicole_Anne

Answer by Nicole_Anne at 5:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am happy about my healthy baby boy it is just that I grew up in a family with lots of girls and always imagined myself with a daughter at least one to have a bond with and I live in a house with all guys my husband my 3 boys and I also am raising my husbands two brothers it just makes me sad sometimes and it doesnt mean I am not gonna love my child either way
    THAT_GURL

Comment by THAT_GURL (original poster) at 5:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• just think, you have another lil prince in the family---noone can melt a mamas heart like her lil man!!!
    oregonduck

Answer by oregonduck at 5:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yeah, you have handsome lil princes!! And just be thank ful he will get to roughhouse with his daddy and brother's! Congrats!!!!
    Blakesgirl31

Answer by Blakesgirl31 at 5:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hear ya momma... I'm going through the opposite. I have all girls and I want a boy so badly! To make it worse, my doc said I was having a boy during my ultrasound and then he told me a month later that he was wrong... can you imagine? I'm not sad that i'm having another girl but I'm disappointed that im not getting the boy I was told we were having:(
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 5:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I totally feel your emotions about wanting to have a daughter. I am a Mom of 3 boys and my last pregnancy was my last attempt for a girl. When I found out our 3rd was a boy I was ok but I too still look at other Moms with girls and wish I could have that relationship too. I was raised by my Mom and had 1 sister. It was just the 3 of us girls....hard to imagine I will never have a daughter until I have daugher in laws. I think your thoughts are normal but I would totally prepare myself before the delivery and talk to your OB/GYN about it. There could be a chance for more post pardom depression because of the thoughts ya know? Best wishes to you and your boys and just remember you are still the Queen!!! ;)
    suzi41

Answer by suzi41 at 5:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i get what your saying i really want a girl and so far i have gotten 2 little boys. of course i love them but i wish i had alittle girl. i'll be honest ultrasounds have been known to be wrong, they were with all my mothers children but that was 22 years ago the systems are so advanced now that inocrrect readings are not as often, even though they do still on occasion happen. Your dream may just be wishful thinking, or you body is trying to tell you something. but i would just stick with the notion that i was having another boy because to believe your dream could lead to such an lift of hope and then having your baby be a boy such a drop to sadness its not worth getting your hopes up. i do hope that one day you get your little girl with all my heart. until then i wish you luck with the handful of boys you have been blessed with because if they are anything like my two you have the patience of a goddess. lol
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 6:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I understand wanting a little girl but you should be happy with what you have. You have 4 beautifulboys and some people can't even have one.
    full_house

Answer by full_house at 6:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011