Have you ever been Caught by your kids?

What did you tell them? Did you try to play it off?

MyaNo

Asked by MyaNo at 2:15 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes, we were in a temporary house, while ours was being built, and it was late and my husband and I were in bed. Well he decides to ummm... how should i say it, do a little cave diving. We are both under the covers and I hear somehting. So I poke my head out and see my son, who's 8 sitting on the edge of the bed smiling. I was so embarssed. I start slapping my husband going, no more wrestling honey.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• yes! and i didnt know what to say at first, so i kinda ignored her, but the next day she went off about how daddy and i were having sex in our bed while she was asleep in hers, so i told her that it was something that mommies and daddies do and that she didnt need to be telling people about it (she said it when we were at my moms).
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 2:24 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• MY KIDS ARE 10MTHS AND 21MTHS THEY DONT KNO TO MUCH YET BUT I HAVENT BEEN CAUGHT YET I HOPE IT NEVER HAPPENS
    SARAH20

Answer by SARAH20 at 3:06 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yes, what a mood killer! Precious, private time with toddlers is hard enough to squeeze in, getting caught was mortifying!

Be age appropriate with the answers.....telling them you're having 'private, loving time' while they're giggling at you as well as it's what parents do who love each other, bonding and caressing in completely natural. I can tell you we started spending our 'private get togethers' in our walk in closet so if the kids barged in we still had time to compose ourselves.....we were looking for alot of shoes during those years!........
    KatKallingMom

Answer by KatKallingMom at 5:32 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Oh yeah and as much as we tried to play it off my daughter asked questions so I tried to answer them as best I could in a way that a 4yr old could understand.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:38 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Yeah...it was really embarrassing. It was my stepkids too. My DF and I were messing around in our room with the door shut and my oldest stepson heard us and came in thinking that his dad was hurting me. He opened the door in tears...thankfully we were under the covers. His dad told him to wait outside the room and he got dressed and went and talked to him. He told him that we were playing and that I just got too loud while we were playing...I got dressed so I could go show him that I wasn't hurt. He did go back and tell his mom that daddy was hurting me and we ended up going to see a counselor with him...it was a mess of a situation. Needless to say we don't touch each other when we have our visitation.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:42 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• OH MY GOSH that anonymous answer was awful (I feel so bad for those parents!!!!) LOL

And heatherturner, that was awful too, awwwww!!! How old was he?
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 11:32 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Ever heard of locking the doors?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:34 AM on Jul. 14, 2008

• No kids yet, but I know kids never forget that. An ex once told me that he walked in on his parents and his mom was wearing a shower cap! Another friend walked in on her mom giving her stepdad a bj and was visibly scarred by it. Be careful ladies, you don't want them to tell their friends about it in 10 years!
    Anonymous

• lmao. oh yeah, we've been caught. my daughter came in one night. we don't lock doors in case she needs to get in for some reason, so she just walked in. we were being kinda sedate so she wasn't scared for life or anything but we are all up in it and she goes "daddy, you're gonna crush mommy if you don't get off her." omg. talk about kill the mood...lol...
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 3:15 AM on Jul. 16, 2008