Pelvic pain during pregnancy?

I'm about 2 months pregnant. When I got out of bed earlier today my whole pelvic area started to hurt so badly that I couldn't move. It feels like a burning sensation in my pelvic area and on the insides of my thighs. I was having trouble moving my legs. I am going to schedule a doctors appointment tomorrow, but I was wondering if anyone was having the same problems, and if they could tell me what it is and what I can do to make it better?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure that is normal..... Ive never heard of it. I have a four yr old the pelvic pain and some cramps r normal but the legs thing no....
    Blakesgirl31

Answer by Blakesgirl31 at 5:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had twins that I had pelvic pain with and the same symptoms....one of their heads was on my right pelvic floor. With the next pregnancy I started having pain @ 8 weeks and they think it was because something had happened with the nerves or something with the twins and I hadn't fully recovered yet. Well it lasted all the way til 12 weeks post partum......get checked out to make sure it's not anything else, and figure out how to stay comfortable! I ended up sleeping in our recliner the whole time because it was too painful to lay in bed at all.
    BeachyBabe

Answer by BeachyBabe at 5:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• In my 3 pregnancies, pain like that was NEVER normal. Lost 2 of them. You DO need to see a doctor. Good luck and lay down as much as you can til they see you. If you went to the E.R. they would see you now.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 5:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I know pelvic pain is normal later in pregnancy after baby is bigger, and dropping etc. But that early makes me wonder if something is not right. Maybe the baby has itself positioned on a nerve and pinching it, causing these problems. Try checking out webmd, and defiantly make a doctors appt. Drink LOTS of water... you need loads while pregnant, and rest rest rest rest until you see the doc :) Good luck!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011