Chicken Piccata recepie ( w/capers)

Does anyone have a good chx piccata recepie? Mu hubbs is gonna be home fri ( he's been gone almost a month), and i wanna suprise him w/his fav meal

oregonduck

Asked by oregonduck at 5:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Take two chicken breasts and butterfly them or pound them to desired thickness. Better yet, you can ask your butcher to pound it for you, this is for 4 pieces, 2 from each breast. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. I use breadcrumbs for mine, some people just flour the chicken. I dredge my chicken in flour, shake the excess, cover it in beaten egg (I add some Dijon mustard to the egg, it gives a nice taste) and then cover it in breadcrumbs. Pan fry them in olive oil until they're golden brown, on both sides. Transfer them to a plate.
    In the same pan add 1/3 cup lemon juice, 1/3 cup of white wine and 1/3 chicken stock and capers. Let it boil, scraping the bottom of the pan. If you want a richer sauce, you can add some butter at the end, mixing it as it melts. Return the chicken to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011