How to get the swelling to go down in my ankles and feet?

I know by putting them up, but is there any other way? I have them up, but they don't seem to be going down. My feet are like double in size and so are my ankles. I don't know why I am so swellon because I don't work I mean I do house things, but I don't work outside the home. I have 2 other kids 6 and 3. I don't have gestatinal diabetes or anything like that. So is there any way other than putting your feet up for the swelling to go down? My husband and my sister even was able to tell my feet and ankles were swollen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I was always told to use a a heating pad also. Make sure they are higher than your heart while you have them elevated. If they don't go down soon I would call the doctor. It could be the heat if you are in a really hot area that is causing the swelling.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Avoid salt and salty foods. Drink a lot of water. If it doesn't go away, call your Doctor. Extreme swelling can be a bad sign. Could be a complication such as pre-eclampsia.....
    Good luck!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Other than avoiding salt and drinking loads of water, there's not much you can do. With my first pregnancy, I had such horrible swelling in my feet and ankles that none of my shoes sit! I lost 27 pounds of water weight in the first week after I had my son, if that gives you some idea of how ridiculously swollen I was. What's weird is that I didn't have that swelling with my second.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• ya I had the swelling with my first, not my second, but I do with this one. I do drink tons and I mean tons of water.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Unfortunately there's not much else you can do. How far along are you? Hopefully you won't have to be miserable too much longer.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I will be 35 weeks tomorrow. I am due August 9th
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I found that when I worked out, the swelling would go down.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011