Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

5 Bumps

Ho can my DH prove to the courts that he payed extra CS to the BM when he payed her in cash(I did see him give her cash frequently)?

I have 2SK from different mothers. At the moment we have spent the last 2 summers in the courts. The first summer my DH was trying to get custody of his daughter that was moved out of the province without his permission. As per usual the courts sided with BM not the father. The BM is an functioning addict of prescription drugs and various other substances E, cocaine etc... as well we believe her to be a drug runner between provinces. We never brought this up in court as we did not know how/have the funds to prove it.

Now in court for a second Trial this year she is wanting up to 15,000 backpay, and they judge raised the CS to 3 times the amount. We have no representation as we are still paying our lawyer fees from the custody battle which finally allows us to have visitation and phone calls. The BM moved from a job to social assistance once she moved out of the province. Meanwhile she has her rich common law partner paying her bills among Hawaii holidays and driving a brand new car.

Any help would be gratefully appreaciated....

Answer Question

Asked by Ber38 at 5:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 4 (43 Credits)
Answers (20)
  • it doesn't matter what her boyfriend does for her, what he buys her. And any cash, your husband paid is consider a gift in the court system. Stop giving her cash! he is only ordered to pay the set amout as court ordered.
    You cannot stop who she's livng with or seeing, if he's no a sex offender or ax murder.

    Answer by SassySue123 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • I don't have an answer hon, but here is a bump for you!

    Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 5:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • Can you get an court appointed lawyer? Have you told the guardian ad litem about the drugs? You have a responsibility to protect the child and not informing the courts and gal of the facts is not protecting the child.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 5:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • Oh no....I'm guessing he didn't get receipts? (And I don't think he was wrong for that, what person wouldget one? I wouldn't). I don't know if there is a way to prove it. I'm sorry =(

    Answer by TARARENEE at 5:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • If you are going to give cash, spend a dollar and get a reciept book and have her sign BEFORE she gets a dime.

    Answer by cueballsmom at 5:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • Can he show withdrawals from the bank that show the same amount he is supposed to pay coming out each month?

    Answer by cueballsmom at 5:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • If you are going to give cash, spend a dollar and get a reciept book and have her sign BEFORE she gets a dime


    Answer by TARARENEE at 5:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • Why was he giving her extra money?

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • There's no way you can prove you gave her cash and they aren't going to take your word for it because you're his girl friend. I have been there, done that. My Hubby was on child support even when the child was living with us. We were told we had to get the mother to write a letter, she never did. We end up going to court to stop payments...she continued to get paid. We called the child support office and they finally put a hold on it. Im sorry y'all are going through this. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe if you can catch her doing drugs or buying drugs ect. Call the police and get the report for proof.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • Give her money orders or checks, never cash. According to what I was told any money my sons father gives me in cash is considered a gift. He's very lucky that I'm nice and I wrote a check for the amount he gave me and sent it into the state and the state counted it as a payment from him and gave it back. Had I not done that he would be thousands behind.

    About the only thing you can do is get some money and get a lawyer and take her back to court. And stop him from giving her cash without her signing something saying she got it or giving her a money order or check so you have proof.

    Answer by aj23 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.