Blood in Stool! adult content

So I am 38 1/2 weeks pregnant, and these past 2 days I have had my bloody show. I went to the dr. just to make sure, this is my first and it scared me a bit. They said it was normal and everything was fine, and sent me on my way. Now at home, I laid down a bit for a nap, and then I woke up and went to the bathroom, and I had diarrhea with quite a bit of blood in it! I'm pretty sure I don't have hemorrhoids, I can't see or feel them, so.. I have my last OB appt. tomorrow before induction on Fri., should I wait it out or call someone and go back in AGAIN tonight??

Squirellybur

Asked by Squirellybur at 5:46 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would call your doctor just to make sure, blood in your stool is never normal, pregnant or not. It is common though at the end of pregnancy to get hemorrhoids because of all the pressure down there.
    ArmyVetWife2007

Answer by ArmyVetWife2007 at 9:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I would call. Its never normal to have blood in your stool.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 5:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Did you have them @ one point? I went to the ER bc I thought I might having a miscarriage, I wiped and there was blood on the tp. They did an exam and told me they couldn't find any traces of blood @ all and asked if it could be something else, I had hemorrhoids before but I didn't have them @ the time, the doc told me that they had probably burst @ some point.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I've never had them before in my life..
    Squirellybur

Comment by Squirellybur (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Call your doctor and see what they say. But blood in the stool is never normal and should be checked out ASAP especially with bloody diarrhea.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Once you have hemorrhoids you will always have them unless they pop or you have them surgically removed. They do not go away on their own. They may get smaller but they will not go away without treatment, meaning you have to have them removed.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Did you do any straining while having a BM yesterday or at any point? Could be a fissure (small tears in the rectum).
    sondamom0828

Answer by sondamom0828 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011