What's wrong with me???....

I don't know what is wrong with me. I have this issue and no answers to help me in my quest to overcome what it is that i am experiencing...Maybe someone here can help me in determining what is wrong and how to solve this issue.....

For some reason. I have a tendency to not..."Be myself" around certain people. It's like, I pretend to be someone I'm not. This may sound strange to some. But, for me...It happens a lot. Not necessarily, strangers?...But, with some people.

Like for instance...I am like this when i meet new people. And the worst one of all is...My Boyfriend!!!!

I pretend to be someone else around my Boyfriend???.....Why do i do this?....And the thing is...I can't shake it. I try to be myself, to some extent. But, all of a sudden, out of the blue...This other person comes out and it's not me!...

Anyone know why i do this?....And, no i don't have a second personality for those of you who may think that...LOL

I just don't know why i do this....Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• You may not feel confident in yourself. You feel that you need to be a different person to be attractive.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Maybe you are afraid people won't like the "real" you? I have to be comfortable with yourself before you can put hotels out there for the world. Just know you are worthy of being loved. The REAL you.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 5:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Stupid auto correct! You have to be comfortable with you before you can comfortably put your self out there is what that should have read. Lol.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I found I had some similar issues and I resolved them by looking at how I was raised yes I'm a great believer in looking to how your parents raised you.. I went through a program called the "Hoffman Process" and found it wonderfully fulfilling to discover why I am the way I am and how to change it..
    Ber38

Answer by Ber38 at 5:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• What do you do? Talk with different accent or you just pretend to be a different person in your head?
    Anonymous

• I dont know why you do this, but you should look into some type of therapy. Thats not normal.
    Mrs.Gallegos649

Answer by Mrs.Gallegos649 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• To answer the question that "Anonymous" asked......Yes, i just pretend to be someone else in my head. Like, i don't act like ME...People sorta make me nervous and i feel to counteract that nervousness, I must pretend to be....REAL....Which is funny, because...I'm the "Realist" person you'll ever meet!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You do it because you are insecure in who you really are.

You need to find yourself, ground yourself & create & embrace YOU before committing yourself to anyone else. If you cannot be yourself in a relationship, that relationship will never work out. He has to know who you TRULY are to really be in love with YOU.

Do things for you that you can be proud of. Set small goals for yourself & accomplish them. Take time for your hobbies & do things that you enjoy doing & do them by yourself. You need to be happy with who you are in order to feel comfortable "just being yourself" in front of people.

Good luck!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• do you have a split personality? my husband has one as acts completly different around his friends and diffrent around me. i tell him all the time thats what i think and he doesnt argue with me
    angeleyz375

Answer by angeleyz375 at 11:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011