Why is it that I keep missing my not-mommy days, if I love so much being one???

Laly777

Asked by Laly777 at 6:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Because you're human.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I love my son very much, but I miss the freedom I had when I didn't have him. I sometimes miss the freedom I had when I wasn't married, even though I'm happily married!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think its completely normal. Are you getting any time to yourself away from baby etc? If your not getting any "you" time that can make those feelings worse.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I miss my not mommy days too, where I got to go out and have a girl's night out with my friends. The only time I have ME time when my daughter is taking a nap or sleep for the rest of the night.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 7:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You just need to take more breaks away from being a mommy so that you can enjoy your children more when you are with them. It's normal to think the grass is greener on the other side sometimes. :)
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 7:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's totally normal and I think every mom goes through a phase where they feel so depended on that it seems impossible to have alone time! Every now and again on a weekend my husband will take our little boy out with him for a little while grocery shopping or to the park or whatever, and give me a few minutes to myself. Unfortunately I usually just use that time cleaning, lol... but it's still nice not having to worry about a dirty diaper or snotty nose for a few minutes.

Being a wife and mother are both full times jobs and overwhelming, so it's normal and healthy to want to turn the "mommy mode" off for a minute and just worry about you! Someone has to take care of the one who takes care of everyone else, lol!
    1st_time_mom23

Answer by 1st_time_mom23 at 12:11 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Maybe you need a little down time.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 11:43 AM on Jul. 8, 2011