Why is it that I keep missing my not-mommy days, if I love so much being one?? Does anyone feels like that one in a while??

Laly777

Asked by Laly777 at 6:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• It is so normal! I got pregnant my senior year of college and got married shortly after. At first I didn't miss my old ways, but now that my daughter is 2 and friends are starting to get married and enjoy their mid-20s without kids, I do kind of miss being able to make dinner plans without scrambling around for a babysitter, or go to the beach and not have to chase a toddler around.
    Bluebird8874

Answer by Bluebird8874 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't miss it at all ..my first child died at birth. A yr later I gave birth ti my now 2 yr old. I love being a mommy and I don't miss how it was before her. I was miserable and depressed. I prayed for her and I thank God for her everyday
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 6:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My little one gives me a reason to live a reason to be the best person I can be. I look at life differently now that im mommy. I have had two miscarriages since the birth of my little ..that makes me appreciate my child even more.
    Anonymous

• Once every so often, but not all that often. I love my daughter, but occasionally I do miss those days of running around doing whatever I wanted without worrying about anything, but then I remember how much trouble I tended to get in when I was doing that.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I sometimes have one of those days. It is hard to be a mom and not get burnt out. Things, of course, were a lot easier before children. I never had any plans on becoming a mom, did not think I could have children. But, it is the best thing that has happened to me, no matter how hard it is! My life now is total chaos, never a quiet moment! I certainly would not change a thing!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Don't get me wrong, I love being a mommy... But I feel like that sometimes, Im a young mommy and It was a world change to me
    Laly777

Comment by Laly777 (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You're human. This sort of feeling does hit everyone sooner or later... those who haven't had it yet havent' lived long enough, that's all.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011