Do you think PediaSure is a good thing or bad?

Just wondering what other parents are thinking on the subject. I am personally debating to get it or not. I have a coupon to make it a dollar so I thought I might try it with my 3 year old who lives off of pb & j, chicken nuggets and anything strawberry.

Mzwest83

Asked by Mzwest83 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I have often thought about it, but it is soooo expensive!! If you can try it for a dollar, then why not? I would!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 6:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It is really good for everyone but especially kids and old people. I visit people on nursing homes who have to drink it and I give it to my kid.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 6:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• If your child doesn't eat much, sure, otherwise, way to expensive.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I thought for a buck too I would try it but didnt want to start something I can't afford to get. Maybe Carnation breakfast is the same
    Mzwest83

Comment by Mzwest83 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LOL< I was just thinking of asking this question. I bought these for my son, who's 11 - he needed to gain weight for football. They have a weight minium to play. Anyhow, he didn't like them so I started drinking them. It has OMGA-3 in there. Which Ensure and Special K does not. When looking for something for myself to drink. I was going to ask if anyone thought it would be okay for an adult to drink PediaSure.

Our doctor told us to also try Carnation Instant Breackfast, it's also cheaper. My son will drink those.
    Also, you can mix either of them with vanilla ice cream and make like a milk shake for desserts.

You can give him Ensure, which comes in a strawberry. They're all basiclly the same.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think it's not so great an idea. The idea is for them to replace food when regular foods cannot be eaten or kept down. my grandfather and brother both were told to take it by a doctor- when my grandfather was 80 and on dialysis and when my brother's BMI dropped to about 13 as a result of infection. it's a last-resort kind of thing for us. Why not just make your child eat veggies?
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 6:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my sons dr recommended this when my son was younger
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 6:33 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I tried it once, but my son was so picky he wouldn't drink it! I bought a bunch too! Totally wasted money.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's full of sugar. You're better off making your own smoothies.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, if you have a picky child, you can give it to him to make sure he gets the optimal nutrition. On the other hand, giving it to him just reinforces the pickiness and makes him think he can continue to turn down healthy options.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 9:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2011