Anal bleeding in teenager? Very worried, please help. adult content

My sister who's 15 reported around 6 months ago to my mother that she'd noticed bleeding every time she went to the loo for a bowel movement, only when doing a bowel movement. She said it ranged from just a spotting effect to a full toilet of blood - we all know this can look like more though - I am incredibly worried about her and have booked appointment after appointment but my mom just keeps leaving it and not forcing her to go and is acting like she just doesn't give a crap. I'm so angry and worried because today she came home and said that it was more than even her period when she went today and she's been looking and feeling really ill all day. I don't have a car at the moment as it's broken down and can't get her to the hospital and my mother's in bed (it's 11.15pm here) and is refusing to move or do anything, even check on her - she's really not a nice person. So I don't know what to do. Is this something that I should take her to the hospital for? Our docs normally take around 3-12 days to get appointments at and I think it's only getting worse.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions or has been through anything similar? Her feeling ill today could be unconnected but I don't take risks. I have children myself and my mother is absolutely astounding me with her behaviour.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My uncle had that and ended up with a blood transfusion because it was a severe bleeding ulcer and he lost sooo much blood. She really should be seen. It could be ruptured hemorrhoids or polyps as well.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 6:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Can you call a cab to get to the hospital? This sounds serious...
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 6:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Can you call the hospital nurse line and speak to someone? I have rectal bleeding occasionally due to hemorids but I've had three children.
    My other thought is that she's constipated, does she have a bowel movement everyday? is it hard for her to go? when she goes is it like rabbitt pellets? Does she have pain while going? Then she could just need a stool softener, which you can buy at a drug store for a few dallors.
    BUT if it is a lot of blood, she should have it checked by a doctor! Loosing blood could make her loose iron and she'd become ill. And need iron.
    Do you have a friend or neighbor that could take her to the doctor? BUT she's only 15, I don't know if you can get her seen without parental concent. Unless you go to an emergance room.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• She has to go either a cab or an ambulance!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• let her get checked out by a doctor asap
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• call an ambulance
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• She needs to get to the doc/hospital, pronto. Blood where there's not supposed to be blood is a serious thing.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Call a cab or an ambulance. It could, as ThatBoysMom said, be an ulcer.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 6:36 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hope your sister is seen to soon because that could be serious and I am baffled by your mom's lack of consideration. I hope whatever is wrong with your sister, is resolved soon. ..... cab, ambulance, ask someone to take her.
    Awakened1

Answer by Awakened1 at 6:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I agree with calling her a cab. She needs to get answers.... Good Luck, keep us posted.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:41 PM on Jul. 4, 2011