Are you evil or not godly because you don't go to church?

I am not attending church at this time,because i went to church w/ my mil and she made me mad. So i was thinking i'll take a break for a little while,now because i'm not going to a church.My aunt thinks i'm evil and a bad parent and through the grapevine wants to call cps, just b/c i'm not attending church.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• Church is suppose to be a place where we come together and fellowship with like believers. I grew up in church and I can honestly say that every thing I learned was from my mom she is the one who planted seed in my sister and I....church was just a way of life! NOW I am older I understand more I go to church because it helps keep me grounded it helps me stay focused..I know who I am in Christ but I also need fellowship I need my godly friends that i can call and ask for prayer or spiritual advise. If you are not enjoying the Church you are at the find one you can call your own with out the distraction of your MIL the enemy will continue to use this to try and steal your joy and keep you from growing don't let him...OFFENCE is HUGE in the body and we have to be able to stand against it.

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 2:07 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• No, of course not. That is just a scare tactic to "get butts in the seats". If church (the building) doesn't give you the love and support we all need, then stick with church (of self).
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:48 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Well if your aunt is right, then im probably the worse mother in the world. LOL

im not religious at all.. and if anyone dares to say im a bad mother because of that.. then they will go to HELL for judging me.

so no, you dont need to feel bad or anything. You believe in god and in my non-religious opinion i think it doesnt matter WHERE you believe in "him". If you want to sit at home and pray or believe in god, then thats fine. if you want to sit at a restaurant and pray and believe in him, then thats also fine.

Dont let them tell you those things. they are obviously mind-controlled. lol
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• well noone can call cps because you are not going to church. i have read so many posts on here lately where people are threatening to call cps for the dumbest reasons. i say if you want to take a break that is your choice and no it does not make you evil
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• ps. I live in the bible belt where thats all alot of ppl do is go to church and they go for more than just religion or a spirtal experience.-op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I'm sorry but sitting in church every Sunday does NOT make you a christian and not going doesn't make you evil. I know soo many ppl in my family who always go to church, singing the Lords praises, but as soon as they get out, they go back to the "evil" things they do...until next Sunday.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 8:05 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• First you need to tell your family to mind their own business, if your aunt trys to call the cops on you she will get laughed at. I believe in God but I am not religious and refuse to go to church so if that makes me a horrible mother then too bad.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• why stop going to church just because you got mad at your MIL? is your MIL the diety at that church? probably not. if you truly want to attend church, for reasons other than making other humans happy, then do it. it will do you good, and give you a better sense of purpose for your life, along with making friends with like-minded people who can lift you up when you need it, pray with/for you, and yes, it can be a social-gathering. but a gathering of fellow christians(i'm assuming) is needed, so you won't be so controlled/dependent on your MIL. you don't have to attend the same church as she, ya know. if you don't want to go to church, don't. but don't use your MIL as an accuse, or anyone else. church is for worshiping!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:50 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i meant 'excuse' not 'accuse'..too early!
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 8:51 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Take this from a mom who has been in church since she was 3 days old....LOL.....Church is about people. Which can either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how you look at it. If you feel that by going to church your doing God a favor or checking off a mark for yourself, then its not going to work. Church is where other people who believe like you do come to worship the same God. Too many times we make it about us and we go to be seen, see someone, or feel better about ourselves. In fact, church is the place where I experienced some of my deepest heartache and pain inflicted on my by other people. I only want to be where God is and I only want him. I don't want the politics of the church and the crap that comes along with it. I stopped going for a long time, but recently we found a great church that understands why I am so hurt. Its not your everyday church.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:53 AM on Dec. 16, 2008