Are cheese slices really that bad for you?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 6:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• CHEESE isn't all that bad, it is cheese products - like individual wrapped american cheese - those are mainly oil based and horrible for you. Always read the label.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• everything in moderation...

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Cheese isn't that bad for you. Yes, it's got a lot of fat, but if you use it moderately (following the 1 oz = a serving rule), it's fine to have as part of your diet.

Now, the processed cheese food product, dyed orange and based as much on corn as it is on milk, I don't think that benefits anyone.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I want to know this too! I hear its bad then I hear its good source of calcuim
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 6:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• In moderation I think it is fine. I have heard that white cheese it healthier than yellow cheese. It is based on cholesterol and calories.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 6:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• it depends on the slices and how much they have been processed, the smooth rubbery textured ones "plastic cheese" have been processed the most as we all know regular cheese doesnt look like this, the cheese slices that are more the dry block cheese texture are less processed, they are more like sliced block cheese they are the better option
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I think occasionally it isn't that bad. Moderation is the key to everything. Don't go overboard.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'd look at what goes into them. If they're mosly milk, I think they are healthier than the ones made from oil. And like what was posted, everything in moderation.
    JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 8:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Everyone has a different idea on it but kraft cheese is suppose to be the best for u
    pamnjim

Answer by pamnjim at 8:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• @ butterflyblue your points. Look like the miles on my car lol. How did you get that many?! Lol
    Anonymous