• In the Spotlight:

Are you a bargain shopper?

Since having my son and moving out, and becoming a temp stay at home mom, I found out the hard way that we will have to cut some expenses. So I learned how to bargain shop instead of the usual see it gotta have it. Oh how I miss those days.

mama28th

Asked by mama28th at 8:00 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Shopping

• Thats all i do when i shop i have 3 girls and a hubby.I'm a sahm-stay at home mom,
    so when i go to the store i really watch what i buy.Wal-mart will match prices of other stores that to me saves me a lot of money.So the next time u go there and u have another stores ad w/ the price you want tell the cashier she'll match it.No more waiting in line the second time or paying out more gas,your there u got it ! If don't like paying full price for department store clothes i'm sure in every city there is close out stores.Around here we have gab's,value city,burlington's,and don't forget about twice as nice and the second go around and heartn'hand.....I love these places!
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 8:17 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I love bargain shopping -- if I can "save" more then I spent I get a little buzz. I like researching. I love hunting down deals, I buy the best quality for the price of the mediocre (or cheaper!). I never have been a big impulse buyer. When I decided to stay home I realized I needed to make my husbands dollar go further... its like a game to me. Love it, its seriously fun for me.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 1:19 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I have always been a bargain shopper.... Even if I were wealthy I would feel great guilt in spending alot on clothing & restaraunts because there are so many people in need... like to me a pair of jeans that cost more than $20.00 is ridiculously unneccesary. Even though I can appreciate style and nice materials and construction.... paying too much mind to name brands is very superficial...when there are far more important things in this world to be concerned with... If I buy brand new it is usually on clearance racks and also out of season... and I also love resale shops and garage sales... and being that I am creative and a bit bohemian in my style, I get alot of compliments for the way I dress... They don't know unless I tell them that I bought my shoes (that they love) for $4.00 ;-) Even if I had a date for a high profile event(not that I would), I would opt for vintage wear and not red carpet designer.

YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 5:40 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• .. I cannot believe the amount of money people spend on clothes.. and that does not mean...lack of creativity or style..

it's about priorities... and before I spend 1000's on a dress for one evening as an actor for example... I would prefer to spend that money on charity... in fact I would give most of it to charity. :-) I think it's time that the superficiality of our nation was put in check.. and that we pay more attention to real needs and not appearances. :-) I have alot of fun bargain hunting.... it really is fun to be "fashionable" on a dime.... I take great pride in looking great for next to nothing...

YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 5:41 PM on Dec. 16, 2008