Why does my 3 yr old whine?

I have a 3 year old daughter. She is the only girl of 3 kids. And she is the middle child. I had a baby 3 months ago, but surprisingly has taken very well to him. But for some reason she is sooo whiney. I NEED HELP

emilygc2008

Asked by emilygc2008 at 6:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Most kids and adults whine. Toddler tend to whine more sometimes for no reason at all. Sometimes though, however, it's because they are tired or not feeling well.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 7:01 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Well....................it's because she's still a baby! My 3 year old whines too, I don't make it a big deal because she's not the only kid in this world that whines.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Why is the sky blue?
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• HAHAHA! If you find the answer to that, let us all know!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my 3 yo ds whines all the time!! ahhh. good to know im not the only one. lol
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 11:22 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• Frustration? Crabbiness? Feeling cranky, like the world's not going her way?
    I think we (people) generally whine when we feel out of sorts & disconnected. It's a lack of faith or trust (when we are confident & trusting of being heard & accepted as we are, we generally are more resilient even if circumstances aren't great.) Whining is a kind of defensiveness, like "yes I DO have a right to my feelings" or "yes it IS this bad" or "it is SO a big deal!" (If you feel received & okay as you are, you don't need to defend your right to be upset or cranky.)
    This is the first thing I go to with my kids if they seem whiny to me. Most people say to ignore whining, or find ways to force them out of the behavior, but such resistance triggers counter-resistance (defensiveness.) I find if I turn my attention to them & really listen reflectively, accepting their feelings, they get unstuck, the state of mind lifts, & the behavior ends.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 2:35 PM on Jul. 5, 2011