• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I switch my pediatrician without having shot records with me at that time?

I moved a great deal away from my kids dr and I have a new dr that I have in mind whose closer to me. Can I switch my kids to the new doctor and get the paperwork transferred?


Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • Yep they will ask you for a release paper so that they can get the other records. you don't have to bring them with you.

    Answer by Jademom07 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • yes. you just fill out a release form at the docs office and they will take care of it.

    Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 7:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • yeah you can get the transfer papers and they take care of the rest.

    Answer by lambdarose at 7:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

  • Yes shot records have to be entered into a state info system.

    Answer by sugamama3 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011