Have you ever did something for someone on cafemom?

I did..a lady told me how she didn't have any money to buy her daughter school clothes. I decided to help her out. I went to Kohls and bought some cute outfits not just for one child but for her new born as well. I didn't spend that much money ( around 80 dollars). I sent the items certified to make sure she got them. I checked on it one day because I didn't hear anything from her. I saw she received the package. She didn't say thanks or anything. She stopped talking to me wth! I also sent someone some extra fertility monitor sticks. I found out I was pregnant so I had no need for them. I had about 9 of them I sent them to the lady and the only thing she said was..." I thought you said you were sending me 9 I only have 8. What? How about thank you?! Any one experienced something like this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• This is why we're discouraged from getting personal with anyone on here. I've heard a few stories of very ungrateful women receiving help from others on here

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It's nice to get a thank you but I think you should give things freely without seeking recognition. You did it cuz you wanted to not so she could thank you or others would recognize you.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It does not matter why I gave it a thank you is common courtesy..I didn't ask for repayment or anything else.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Oh and I didn't want anyone to recognize me or else I wouldn't have remain anonymous .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Listen everyone has different standards. Hers are obviously not aligned with yours.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:15 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I've given stuff to people on here. Most have seemed very grateful, though a few were iffy, but you have to realize you are taking a chance when doing so and some may not be grateful. I'm amazed that they were complaining about the number of sticks you sent though. Pretty sad.
    Anonymous

• I think its just common courtesy to thank anyone for a gift, esp a random stranger, so i dont think its too much of you to ask to expect someone to aknowledge what you did, I dont think its about you wanting recognition. Unfortunately not everyone has common courtesy but at least you know your heart was in the right place.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:26 PM on Jul. 4, 2011