My husband just left us for apparently 'no reason'? So confused - would you presume foul play?

My husband and I have been together for 4 years and have 2 children. This weekend I waited on him but he never came home, I kept ringing and texting but no response and finally he contacted me telling me that he just couldn't be a real husband or father anymore and wouldn't be coming home. He said he wasn't cheating we were just not right for him. I mean what the hell? Our relationship hasn't been rocky at all, ever really, we've known each other for 10 years and he's normally an open and kind person and suddenly this? What would you think? What would you do? I'm close to just breaking down now. I don't have my partner any more and he said there's no way he's being near the 'brats' that he supposes aren't even his children. It sounds like he's just making random excuses. Would you presume that he's cheating or what?

I'm just so confused and tired and I just want to go to bed and sleep but I can't because I've got to wait up in case he feels like ringing again like he said he 'may'.

What would you do? I didn't realise I was married to this person. I moved 2000 miles away for him and have no friends or family nearby, nor do I have any money right now as he's withdrawn his money. I own a small business but it was a joint account and he's taken mine as well. I have constant payments coming in so I will be fine in the short term but it isn't our main income and I have no idea how to go about with the legalities of forcing him to pay the payments we BOTH owe. I am just so confused. It's been an awful 72 hours and I'm so close to just ramming my head through a wall.

Has anyone been through the same thing??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Contact his mother, your mother, and a lawyer. He has abandoned you and there are real legal ramifications to that. I know this situation sucks, but you have two little kids to look after, as well as yourself.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 7:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Wow. I am terribly sorry to hear that you are going through this, althought I know that's probably not much comfort.

It seems strange to me, and you may only come to know the truth as time passes, but it sounds to me as if there is definitely something going on that you may not have known about.

All of a sudden denying his children???

So sorry....don't even know what to say.
    mommydinasaur

Answer by mommydinasaur at 7:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am so sorry your going through this, I would surely suspect something is going on, not saying it has to be cheating, but something doesnt seem right if you havent had any major problems as you say. Have you noticed different behavior lately, could he have a drug or gambling problem etc or has someone been feeding him false information, does he have any reason to believe your children are not his? I hope you get more of an idea about whats going on here ((hugs)) and good luck
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i would think foul play, i would "play cool" and tell him i am fine & all that...then i would probably play investigator to see what's going on. I have to get to the bottom of things...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm so sorry that happened to you. Get yourself a good divorce lawyer and emotional support from friends and family.
    TashaStar81

Answer by TashaStar81 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ok I am sorry for your situation. But Mama take a deep breath go out first thing tomorrow moring and get a GOOD lawyer and take his name off the joint account. You need to make a friend to help you through this ordeal. Kepp it together for your kids.
    and dont wait around for that jerk change your phone number..... give your lawyer his information let your xe talk thru attorney ONLY
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 7:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My husband did that in april. In May I found out he was with another woman. *hugs*
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm so sorry =( Do what the other ladies said, call a lawyer, then call the moms. You can have a paternity test done if he continues to insist that the children aren't his. And, like samurai_chica said, play it cool. Act fine, even though you're not. Good luck and keep us posted.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm so sorry this happened to you. I agree to get to a lawyer because he abandoned you all. However, I will say this. My Nonna and my mom always said this and I've seen this to be true more times than not...

A man will never leave a woman unless he has someone to leaver her FOR. I wouldn't discredit the fact that he may indeed be involved with someone else...or wants to be.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:40 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I would have said possible depression until I read he took all the money. He is cheating.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 5, 2011