I think im heartless at times

so heres why and what do you cm think? my husband has been going through mental problems for about two years know and when he gets out of control with depression he always talks about killing himself well im so sick of him talking about it and think he crys wolf to much and his friend last night was doing the same thing talking about killing himself cause nothing in life goes right. is life so bad that people have to talk about killing themself cause they had a bad bad. i have bad days all the time but i dont want to end my life. can you cm give me some advice?

angeleyz375

Asked by angeleyz375 at 7:09 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I would tell them to go poop one of there happy pills and shut up.

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• my ex did the same thing. he held the "i'm going to kill my self" thing over my head everytime we got in a fight and he thought i was going to leave him. you think your heartless i know i am. one day he pulled that crap and i told him to do it, pick his poisen "do you want me to go get the gun for you" an actual line i used. now my ex had mental issues as well but htis night he had pushed me to my limit and i knew he was doing it to make me feel like shit, even if he didnt realize it himself, it was a subconcious thing. anyways 1 very big thing happend that night, it was the last night he threatend to kill himself around me because he knew i wasnt putting up with the crap. heres the thing it has been proving that people that wine about offing thereself then they are really unlikely to do it they just want the attention, when he gets quite and stops talking about it then i would worry.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 7:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't think you are heartless. You are done. Tell them to calll 1-800-SUICIDE somewhere there might actually care.
    HollyBoBolly

Answer by HollyBoBolly at 7:21 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yeah, I have been suicidal for as long as I can remember and I am in my 30's. I ONLY talk to my husband about it when it's really bad. I have been in therapy for 10 years and am on meds where they are trying different ones. But it sucks ass. I don't know your husband's situation but I can tell you that I was beat, molested, my parents tried to kill me, they put a bullet in a gun, spun it, held it to my head and pulled the trigger. So, while I don't relive my past or go there, it can be hard sometimes when I get a flashback or one of my parents tries to contact me. So when someone says they want to die, I don't usually take it as blowing smoke unless they have a history of crying wolf. So to answer your question, yes, life can be bad where we want to end it. Get him help.
    Anonymous

• My aunt use to do this ALL the time. My mom was so tired of hearing it but one time she really did believe her because my aunt had threatened someone else's life as well. My mom called the cops and reported it and my aunt was beyond pissed when they showed up! She had no intention of doing it.
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 7:35 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• He is in a different mindset than you, in his mind a bad day is alot different to a bad day to you or anyone else without mental issues. mental illness is a very serious often underplayed, is he under a Dr for it, having treatments etc. I can understand this is hard for you and your over it but you have to realise he isnt well and needs your support if you choose to stay with him. It takes a special kind of person to deal with this. Good Luck!

**I can not believe some of these responses, she has actually said the man has mental problems, he isnt just some guy doing this for attention, where is the compassion! I hope you or your children or loved ones never have to deal with something like this!
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• He needs help
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 7:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Suicide and or the threat of it is very selfish, it is "all about me", poor me, life isn't fair and i deserve more. Not saying that life doesn't hurt but having the ability to overcome and cope with the struggles of life is up to each of us. He needs to have the ambition to get help, new medicine or whatever it takes to want a better life that doesn't include the need for attention and self- reassurance through threats.
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 7:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Only he knows how serious it really is and therefore is responsible for seeking help. If he doesn't get it and he dies then it is on him. The meek shall inherit the earth. We are entrusted with one life and it is up to us to make the most of it or seek help when needed.
    ChicaThis

Answer by ChicaThis at 7:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Suicide is notnecessarily selfish and it is not about me. I can't believe it when people say that. I am the anon posting like 2 above. I am not selfish and it isn't about me. I'm damn sick and tired of this never ending pain. I don't want to put anyone else thru pain but I'm very tired....
    Anonymous