What do you think of parents who blast rap music with explicit lyrics in front of young kids and the kids know the words to it?

TashaStar81

Asked by TashaStar81 at 7:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't listen to it! I don't like the message it sends or the language thats used.
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 7:16 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't. I'm in no place to judge others. Kids hear bad words every day.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 7:18 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• doesnt bother me thats their business. its their kids.
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Same as I would feel about people that blast explicit alterative music or rock music or pop music with explicit language and messages in it- why does rap always get the worst wrap, most genres of music have explicit undertones, I guess its just more forgivable in some forms.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Low class, trashy
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:29 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I really can't say anything. I came home one day to my daughter singing "lick it". I threw a hissy and that band is not allowed anymore, DH didn't see anything wrong with it....uggh.
    cueballsmom

Answer by cueballsmom at 7:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't agree with them.... I like rap, but there is stuff that I won't play in front of my kids.... I won't even let someone talk like that in front of just me..... so why would I listen to it in a song?
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 7:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• It bothers me more when I see a car playing rap music so loud I'm sure they can't even hear it inside the car anymore, all you hear is bass, and there are little kids in the car. They are making those kids deaf and I wish it were somehow illegal to abuse a child like that.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My sil will blast, yes blast her music in her car, with both kids in it all under 5, and its taht rap crap nothing makes me madder, its like seriously? I mean Im no saint, but seriously... why instll your kids with that trash.
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 12:38 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• low class,trashy and stupid
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:02 AM on Jul. 8, 2011