Have you ever lost someone really close to you?

I lost my niece and the story is to sad to tell. :(

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 7:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• yes very much so
    1_love_2_hearts

Answer by 1_love_2_hearts at 7:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes, I have lost my favorite Grandma and Grandpa my favorite Great Auntie (I was very close to all of them), and I have lost a few beloved pets, and other (non-close) relatives as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 7:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My parents
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I lost my best friend/ sons daddy its very hard even 4 years later.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• One of my best friends passed away right after we graduated high school. It was shocking and devastating. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:53 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My Baby Sister and Best Friend Robin 2004 .. My Father 1994 and my Mother 2005
    chicagochrissy

Answer by chicagochrissy at 7:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I lost my middle sons dad to cancer. To this day my heart breaks but I know he no longer suffers and no longer is in pain. But I am still wishing he was here... our son is having so many issues and I know his dad could straighten him out. RIP Chris
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 9:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• yes just last november 05 '10 my step daughter was killed in a car accident, and july 16, '09 my best friend killed herself. :(
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 9:58 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You're not alone...and I feel your pain...and all those other nice things I can say wont really help. But, theyre true. I lost my mother, my DH lost both his parents barely a year ago, lost a brother, a boyfriend, several grandparents...it goes on. I'm so very sorry youre going through this. And, honestly, it will always hurt. i dont think it ever hurts less...just less often. I can think about my mother now, and i feel the pain like it just happened this morning....but I dont think about her every second of the day like I used to . And some times, or certain objects or places make it worse than other. Lean on the people closest to you, and know there are many people on here too that would be a shoulder for you if you ever need it...I'm one of them. I'm so so very sorry for your loss.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 10:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I lost my one and only sibling, my brother, to AIDS. I lost my paternal grandparents whom I was very close to. I lost my father, my maternal grandmother, and my mother-in-law within months of each other. These deaths were a long time ago, but it still hurts. Recently, a few years ago, I lost my best friend to cancer. I was at her bedside in the hospital with her husband on one side and me on the other, as well as her 5 children, giving her "permission" to die because it was time for her not to suffer any more. Unfortunately, death is a fact of life. I find that sharing my stories helps, but I also see a psychologist and psychiatrist regularly. There were a number of things that led up to this, but my bff's death helped put me over the edge and I had a breakdown. Hence, the need for counseling and medications. I also belong to the Depression Support Center on this site; the women involved are great to have as friends.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 8:06 AM on Jul. 5, 2011