my son just turn nine years old and still poops his pant how do i fix it

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jul. 13, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• take him to the MD! This is a medical condition and your peditrician can help. My son wet for many, many years. This is a really stressful situation for the kids.....help him find a solution and let him know it's one of those life challenges that you'll help him with! He's got to be demoralized and embarrassed.
    KatKallingMom

Answer by KatKallingMom at 5:27 AM on Jul. 13, 2008

• Take him to the doctor. It is possible that his sphincter muscle isn't strong enough to stop him from pooping.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 2:40 PM on Jul. 13, 2008

• my daughter was the same way. I took her to the doctor and they said she was impacted. she has alway been that way since she was a baby. They gave her meds, but that usually made her too loose. so I ask another doctor about it and he said it would be fine to give her benefiber because it does not make them go, it just keeps their bowels moving. she has done very well on this. They also told me not to give her bananas or alot of milk or cheese because it could make her more impacted.
    jlaney

Answer by jlaney at 8:11 PM on Jul. 13, 2008