Does SpongeBob have Asperger's? adult content

http://www.myspace.com/krystal_grant/blog/417781354

"What is that?" One day my 9 year old son, who is obsessed with Spongebob Squarepants (as am I, I have to admit!) was in the living room watching it. Spongebob was being particularly annoying on this day and I told my husband "I think Spongebob has Asperger's Syndrome" and we giggled about it. But the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. Spongebob is completely oblivious in any social setting as to how to behave. He has no idea that he is absolutely grating on everbody's nerves around him. He has trouble making friends, other than Patrick, who is a blithering idiot and oblivious himself. He can't sit still, nor can he be quiet for very long at all. He drives Squidward insane, which to me is a perfect analogy of a parent of a child with Asperger's from time to time. (I don't know about other parents, but I tend to frown a lot and can be grouchy just like Squidward. The stress of it all!!!) He loves hanging out with Sandy, but she is a girl after all, and sometimes asperger children tend to lean on sex like a crutch, later in life, because they want any kind of attention at all, no matter if good attention or bad attention. I mean it's perfect. There is no doubt in my mind that Spongebob should be the poster child for Asperger's. So now, when people say "Asperger's, what's that?" I just start out with "do you ever watch Spongebob Squarepants.......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Entertainment

• hahahhahhhahahhhaahhahahhahhhahahahahhaaaaaaaaaa
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 7:28 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• maybe...
    I'm sure Sheldon from The Big Bang Theory does though and Brick from The Middle

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• LOL! It DOES
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• ....make sense. Sorry... dumb computer.
    Kword

• lol that is funny but true
    ciaras_mom_05

Answer by ciaras_mom_05 at 7:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Never made the connection, but now that you mention it...
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 7:55 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• With a side of ADHD....can he have both? LOL!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 2:02 AM on Jul. 6, 2011