Did your mom have a favorite child?

Mines did..it was my sister ( who was the youngest) she went every where with my mom. While my brother and I stayed home. She never got in trouble for anything. I was the "ugly ducking " She sing praises about my sister. Now they can't get along ( my sister is 18 now)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• No I never felt this way with my Mum she always treated my sister and I equally.
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 7:44 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Thats pretty much how it works haha. Thats the way my mother was. Its SO wrong to have favorites. Now that I'm older and 100X more mature than I was when I was a pre teen and teenager, I realize the way it affected me. It really plays some psychological damage, no matter how small.
    Ashleigh_17

Answer by Ashleigh_17 at 7:45 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• My brothers were her favorite but thats okay now they are monsters.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:48 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You are so right Ashleigh my mother was very mean to me when I was younger and it still affects me today and im 25.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes! My Older sister who was the middle. She never did anything wrong in my Mothers eyes,due my Mother molding my sister into what she wanted as a daughter,so I then chose to be rebellious.
    chicagochrissy

Answer by chicagochrissy at 7:51 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I am pretty sure it was me (; But really... I think it might be my brother. He is the youngest of us all, Im the oldest. He is the only boy. Hes such a mommas boy! lol. My parents never really made it seem like they had faves. They always made it clear they loved us all (still do).
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 7:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes. My mom always wanted a boy so she was elated when my brother came along. She actually told me one day when I was 15 or 16 "Your brother is my favorite but it's ok because you're your father's".
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 7:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I always thought so. And it wasn't/isn't me. It's my sister.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:00 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes my brother. He was a lot younger so I think my mother had an easier time with him, I watched him a lot growing up so she wasn't so stressed. My mom just isn't that in to kids. My brother was also into sports which gave my mom an outlet and group of parents to hang out with. I'm glad I wasn't her favorite because she's a really controlling person I'm the only one of my siblings that is financially independent, I knew I had to rely on myself growing up.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:19 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes and so did my dad.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011