Anyone ever had a dog with this???

My cockapoo, has the bottom part of his gums a very gray color, I thought it was something stuck there, but it is his gums that color, anyone ever had a pet with this? I am going to the vet with him tomorrow, but I wondered if anyone experienced this with their dog...

Asked by older at 7:54 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Pets

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I guess I've never really noticed that.... let me check. Yup, my dog's are pink and he's old and nasty. LOL! You're a good owner to keep up his health.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hope they can help the poor thing. I hate it when a dog gets sick. They can't tell you they are hurting.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:03 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I'm glad you're taking him to the vet. Believe it or not, the color of the dog's gums is an indicator of health. They should be nice and pink. Grey gums mean an unhealthy/sick animal.
    MegMurry

Answer by MegMurry at 8:02 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Once the color is lost in the gums, it's usually an indicator of being anemic. I'm not sure how gray they are to tell you if that's what it is. They are usually a white or whitish for anemia.
    attap5

Answer by attap5 at 10:46 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• I just took him to the vet, he said he has an infection in his mouth and needs to have it cleaned, but they also did a blood test to see if there is anything else. They will let me know if there is anything else wrong with him tomorrow.

Comment by older (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Jul. 5, 2011