Anyone had a hysterectomy and have trouble knowing when you are experiencing pms?

I was never regular so know I can't figure it out until it is too late, and I am b***** and have eaten everything in the kitchen. I have gained about 70 pounds since my surgery too.
How do you know when your cycle is?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Health

• Which organs were removed? If you no longer have ovaries,no ovulation,no PMS
    No uterus,no period

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Did they leave an ovary? If you don't have a uterus you don't get a period.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:47 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Uterus and cervix removed
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I never knew when my period was due and/or if I had PMS. When I was on Weight Watchers I always gained about 2 lbs. once a month around the same time, so I assumed it was right before my period. To be honest as far as the weight gain goes, this may or may not be related to your hysterectomy. I thought my weight gain was due to the hysterectomy, but it regretfully, was due to overeating.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 8:11 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes
    chicagochrissy

Answer by chicagochrissy at 8:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• If you have ovaries, you still get PMS symptoms, the same as your cycles would have been. You just don't get a period. The ovaries are responsible for the hormones that cause mood fluctuation, etc. So if your cycles had been 28 or 30 days, whatever, they are most likely still the same.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• a period is when the lining of the uterus shed, but if there is no uterus there shouldnt be a peroid
    suzzanna

Answer by suzzanna at 10:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I had my hysterectomy 14 years ago. I had PMS. Sometimes I could tell as I got use to it. Sometimes it would catch me off guard. Now I'm in menopause so I'm moody most of the time. Lol. Hot flashes from haites! Its horrible!
    DDWay

Answer by DDWay at 3:04 AM on Jul. 5, 2011