Whats The Best Drink?

I have a 2y/o who is crazy about orange juice .Well I later founded out that it causes cavities so . I also did the Juicy Juice but you get this small jug for like $4 almost and so I had to stop buying it. Is there a suitable off brand that's healthy and gives more in the jug?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Rum, orange jucie, grapefruit juice....lol i have always use juicy juice and got a larger container and put in half water half juice it will save ayou money and there teeth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i have a one year old and with juice i just mix the juice with a little more water then juice so that its not as sweet and it cuts the sugar content and i also make my own juice and dont add the sugar just water so it only has natural sugars

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• With juice it is a great idea to mix it with water...as much as you can! Better for the teeth and the unneccesary sugar calories too!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:11 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I buy Motts For Tots, which is like some percentage already of water. Its easier for me, and he goes through it quick, so sometimes when money is tight we end up buying reg. apple juice and diluting it w/ water
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 11:02 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• in responce to everyone sayin to add water...i visited the WIC office today and seen a poster saying that when you add water to juice it increases the acid levels causing more cavities in children under 4yrs old..my suggestion is to give it to the child in moderation. is it just OJ he likes or will he drink milk..if he will drink milk then i suggest getting orange flavored yogurt and mixing it in his milk to make OJ milk. its got less sugar then straight OJ and the baby gets more calcium...good luck
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 11:57 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Our pediatrician has us still watering down their juice when they get it (ages 4, 3 and 2). They don't need the juice, plain water is better...and they're only supposed to have so much milk in a day as well.

If you're concerned about the vitamins from juice....the real fruit is better for them anyway.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 1:01 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• We buy motts for tots.. its like 2.50 for a big bottle.. 100% juice.. but DEFINATELY put half water half juice. Most parents that do that have to hide the fact that they are putting water in it.. my son is 3 and he still insists that I put water in his juice..LOL. Also, Orange juice usually causes diaper rashes in babies.. I would not give her much of it at all.. every baby I have ever seen gets a rash from drinking OJ.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 1:30 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• connorsmom..no offense..but.. I get WIC too and they always tell me to add water to his juice..very weird that you would see a poster that said it added acid?? that makes no sense...its water.
    MistyAB

Answer by MistyAB at 1:32 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I always buy the gerber baby juice. They have orange in the little 2 ounce bottles for like .30 cents or they have other flavors in bigger bottles. They dont add anything to the juice so very little sugar and 100% juice. I also add water cuz he drinks so much of the apple juice
    Anonymous

• I've read that watering down juices isn't good also, but I never have and I don't recall why it is. sorry I am of no help, but you could just let them have the juices and brush more frequently? We don't live in a typical household, we have autism eating habits here and toddler pickiness, so I can't even begin to tell you what to do.
    YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 5:28 PM on Dec. 16, 2008