When watching shows like i survived, 48 hrs mystery does it make you not trust anyone?

It has for me especially after seeing the episode where the guy who install alarms was coming back to kill the people ( apparently he knew the code) oh and one recent one I saw that was on 48 hrs ( I think) a lady stopped at a gas station for snacks and a man kept asking for. Ride..long story short he killed her..I don't trust anyone anymore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Heck,,, I dont trust anyone anyhoo, much less anyone in the repair business.... I know.. sounds dumb.
    LisaAnn069

Answer by LisaAnn069 at 8:08 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yes - my husband and I watch Criminal Minds all the time on Ion TV. Let's just put it this way; I was a little scared when the cable guy came to repair our t.v. last week. In the back of my mind I am still questioning - 'did he put a hidden camera somewhere'?
    mommy-lori

Answer by mommy-lori at 8:42 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Those shows just remind me to be more cautious and alert ... i already am not trusting of strangers...
    SHELL28

Answer by SHELL28 at 11:36 AM on Jul. 5, 2011

• @lisaanne069 no it does not sound dumb! My husband thinks im crazy because im so cautious about everyone and everything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I love those kind of shows. I tend to error on the side of caution, but I do not live life in fear. What is going to happen will happen, I just won't add to risk by not being cautious. I think it is a good thing to have defense available. A loaded gun and martial arts training never hurt. :-)
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 8:23 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• That's one reason I don't watch. If they had 99 shows about people being honest and helping others, it might be about right, but if I watch too muc hnews or shows like that, it does make me feel like that is how life is. While mostly my life has shown others to be unusually helpful, kind and caring. And 99.9099% of people are like that. I'd honestly rather have stuff stolen occasionally than be too paranoid
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 8:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• No one said they are paranoid or living in fear..if that was the case we wouldn't leave the house ..we are cautious and watching shows like tha remind me to be aware if my surroundings
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• * of my surroundings
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:40 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• NO they dont make me trust less. But I dont think every stranger I meet is going to kill me.
    I have a friend whose daughter is having surgery next month. Her daughter is 22 YEARS old, but her mother is going to stay in the hospital with her for 2 days. She is staying because according to her the hospital is in a bad neighborhood, and she doesnt want her daughter raped and murdered. Because again according to her anyone can get in the hospital.
    PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 10:17 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I hope everything goes well with her daughters surgery and I wish her a speedy recovery
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011