Is there any religion that you can't understand or doesn't make sense to you at all?

I mean normally I see the logic in most people's beliefs but some belief systems just boggle my mind, perhaps I just don't have faith strong enough to believe in modern day revelation religions!

No bashing, just asking what you personally find hard to believe in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:07 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• All of them..which is why I don't believe in religion. I believe in a God, a higher power, whatever - but that's it.
    .MhacFoirfe.

Answer by .MhacFoirfe. at 8:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Scientology. But hey, to each their own.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 8:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• All of them also
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:14 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• 7th day adventist n Jehovahs
    chicagochrissy

Answer by chicagochrissy at 8:24 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• I don't find the idea of a higher power or god logical at all, but the ones that really get me are the extremist ones that take the bible 100% literal and the farfetched beliefs like alien, human hybrid ones.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• All of them. I just don't get it. But they seem to make some people happy, so I guess that part is good.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:39 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Extremists and cults. I'm an atheist but interested in the social sciences. I can see the psychological rationalization of most religions.
    kit_manson

Answer by kit_manson at 8:43 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• there are alot of them that don't make sense but catholic is a big one for me.i know you would think that would be self explanatory. but there's a lot of people you got to go thru to get to god and there's alot of people you have to go thru to seek forgiveness from also.alot of middle men.it's confusing.oh and the jehovah's witnesses and the Mormons.

elzingah36

Answer by elzingah36 at 8:56 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Believing in any un-evidenced deity because it feels good, makes sense, I get that humans naturally prefer to feel good. Insisting that the un-evidenced deity is objectively real, but faith is necessary to experience the deity, does not make sense to me, at all. 

clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 9:13 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Hmmm well I dont get atheistic ideas nor do I get Scientology. Id say I dont get cults but most organized religions can fall into that category so Id have to simply say extremists and those with odd ideas about the end of the world and those that close themselves off from others cuz of those beliefs.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011