Watch my kid better? Wtf! This is unreal! adult content

We were on a public beach today. Note ahead of time, I am NOT homophobic in any way. Two girls set up camp ten feet away from us. I went to get my two year old to feed her. She was standing there staring at them. The one girl was looking at my daughter and smiling while her gf was going to town on her underneath a towel!!! I was stunned. I couldn't believe it. Who the hell just plays in someone's pants in front of kids? I was furious.

So, it gets better. I went to one of the ladies who had a bunch of kids next to us, and politely and descreetly told her she may want to keep her kids on the right side of the beach so they don't see it. She said it was no big deal, that she saw it too. She told me I should watch my kids better, and that at least they had a towel! WTF! Just get over the fact that two people can sexually gratify themselves in front of mt child? Nonetheless I reported them. I hope they were embarrassed.

I'm not a prude. I don't shelter my kids either. But do I need sex smeared in my face everywhere I go? Is it me? What would you have done?

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 8:27 PM on Jul. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• Did you find a lifeguard or beach patrol to report it? Last I checked it was not legal to have sex in front of people in a public place.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:30 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ew. We probably would have moved to a different spot. No, that's not appropriate for any kind of couple. They should go somewhere else if they want to do that.
    Anonymous

• I would have been the same way. Its not right to do something like that out in public and right in front of children. You did what needed to done. Good job.
    price85

Answer by price85 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Ummm, eww. I would have called the cops. It isn't an issue about gay rights, no one should be doing that in a public place in front of children.
    alphamom26

Answer by alphamom26 at 8:31 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• There are no life guards at the lakes. Just tons of beaches. There was nowhere to move. We packed up, and went home. I did indeed report them.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:32 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Yeah, I just didn't want anyone thinking I was picking on gays. Because I wouldn't care who was doing it. There were kids everywhere! My 13yo saw them!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• i would of gone over and yelled at the two to go somewhere else if they were gonna do that
    countrymom1990

Answer by countrymom1990 at 8:37 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• Oh wow. I definitely would have left and reported them. For anyone to do that in public is gross. It's even worse when there are children present, and sexual acts in front of children IMO should be labelled the same as child molestation.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:49 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• you know me..the neighborhood tattler..i would've called the police and told them there were public sex-acts going on, and if they didn't arrive within a 'normal' time range, i would've called back and asked to speak to the supervisor on duty...believe me, if you only talk to the dispatcher, sometimes things don't get further.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:52 PM on Jul. 4, 2011

• You did the right thing Mama, maybe they will get a room next time!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 4, 2011