Is this Ok for her?

I have a little mother's helper. She will not play with a doll at all. She has tons of them and will only takes there clothes off so she can play wash them. Yes she copies everything Mommy does. I brought her a kitchen set and a little laundry room set for Christmas, do you guys think that's too advance for her? She is always trying to learn and I thought why not teach her a little responsibilty early. She loves to stay clean and be helpful but would you encourage that or try to make your child play with dolls or balls?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Dec. 16, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I say encourage and enjoy it. The day will come when you'll be so frustrated b/c she won't want to clean up and help. lol I never try to make my kids play with something they don't want to play with. It doesn't do anything except frustrate them and you. Let her play with what she wants.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:44 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I bought the same for my dd. She loves to mimic me cleaning. Today I am going to get a toy vaccum. I think that the kitchen and laundry set will be something to play with for at least a couple years.
    tessntylersmom

Answer by tessntylersmom at 8:56 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• i wish boys were like that ........LOL
    Timmys_Mommy07

Answer by Timmys_Mommy07 at 9:32 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• Let her do what she wants. You can't force her to play with anything. I tried for a long time to get my oldest daughter to play with dolls and barbies. I just thought thats what little girls like, right? well she never did and would never play with them. Shes fourteen now and never had a doll that she played with more than one time. Such a waste of money. My second daughter was much more into dolls. Shes 10 and still loves to play with those silly Bratz dolls. I know I only have maybe one more year and she will be uninterested. Just let her be.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• My 2 yr old uses her toy vacuum cleaner while I use mine & I plan to get her a little kitchen for Christmas. She loves to help Mommy clean now but I'm sure that will change when she's a teenager
    Jan40

Answer by Jan40 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 16, 2008

• I bought my DD a kitchen set last year for Christmas. She loves it. I have since started doing daycare and all of my little girls make me stuff to eat all of the time! It's so cute and they stay entertained for hours. I figure its better for them to be pretending than to be glued to the t.v or something! I bet your DD will love it!
    TiffanyReed

Answer by TiffanyReed at 1:25 PM on Dec. 16, 2008

• it's great that she wants to do that...and natural, but you can encourage her to play dolls with you and imitate the other nurturing aspects that little ones imitate also... feeding, burping, singing and reading to "baby" :-) If she is an only child you have to fill that role even more than a family with more kids...even though you may do this with your child she may not see it from the side as she does the other activites you are doing... And children are all different...and with that come different interests naturally... Have fun. XOXObaby in sling

YasminBoheme

Answer by YasminBoheme at 4:43 PM on Dec. 16, 2008